Most of our tests now let you exclude specific web addresses. For example, you could now exclude all pages inside
example.com/demo from your spelling test, without affecting other tests.
How to exclude pages from a given test
- Visit the test you want to exclude pages from
- Click Settings > Test settings
- In the Excluded page URLs box, enter the fully qualified URLs that you want to exclude, one on each line, e.g.
- Note that these URLs must be full URLs, i.e. you can’t just write
/blog. Any web addresses inside these URLs are also excluded, so in the above example the page
http://example.com/blog/articlewould also be excluded by
- Re-run the report for your settings to take effect.
If you want to exclude pages from all tests, you should instead go to Settings > Site settings and add your web addresses to the Denied URLs box instead.
This is now supported by the following tests:
- Broken links
- Missing files
- Contact details
- Prohibited content
- Desktop and Mobile speed
- Reading age
- SEO fundamentals
- WCAG 2.0
- Section 508
We’re currently hard at work on a large update to the Silktide interface, so there will be less small updates for a while. As always, you can follow our plans on our public roadmap.