How does Silktide choose which pages to test?
If you don’t test all of the pages in a website, Silktide will have to pick which pages to look at first.
Pages are chosen as follows:
- Pages with fewer characters in their URL are tested first. e.g.
would be tested before
- Where pages have the same number of characters, the pages which were encountered first on each page are tested first. e.g. links displayed at the top of your homepage, followed by links lower down, and so on.
Collectively we have found this has the effect of tending to test high-level pages first, before going deeper into a website.
- The above approach came into effect on 3rd March 2020.
- Previously, pages were downloaded in the order that links were discovered in.
- How does Silktide detect cookies?
- What browsers does Silktide support?
- How does scoring work?
- Why doesn't Silktide offer an accessibility plugin or overlay?
- What languages does Silktide support?
- What IP address and user agent does Silktide use?
- How does Silktide count pages?
- How does Silktide handle frames and iframes?
- How does Sitebeam compare with Silktide?
- How does Silktide see websites?
- How long does a website take to test?
- How does Silktide security work?