How to integrate Silktide with Terminalfour
This guide details what the Silktide CMS plugin for Terminalfour does, how to download and install/configure it, and how it is used in practice. You will need Administrator access and be able to upload a plugin to your Terminalfour installation.
This plugin enables two main features:
- Easily switch from the Silktide application to the appropriate page in your Terminalfour installation to make changes.
- New or changed pages in your Terminalfour installation will be automatically checked in Silktide when published.
- Terminalfour version 8.2+
- PHP 7.2+
- PHP extension: cURL
- Time-based job scheduler (CRON for Unix) on a web server or preferably CMS server
- Silktide CMS Website API Key
- Section Metadata Content Type in Terminalfour
- Access to perform SQL queries
Installing the plugin
The plugin is available by using the link below.
Click to download Terminalfour files
After downloading and uncompressing the files you’ll find a Word document which explains how to install this plugin.
Unlike our other plugins this is a bit more technical. If you require assistance, please reach out to our support team.
Configuring the Plugin
In your Silktide account, return to the Settings > Integrations page and copy the website API key displayed.
This will need to be placed inside your plugin once it’s been setup.
You will need to retest your site in Silktide for these changes to take effect.
Retesting your site
Once the Plugin has been configured in Terminalfour and has been published, you will then need to retest your site so Silktide will read the relevant data.
Login to Silktide and select your report – just click Retest in the top right and wait for the site to retest.
Navigating from Silktide to Terminalfour
Once the report has finished running, you can then view your results. If everything has been configured correctly, when viewing the Inspector you should see a pencil icon appear in the top right next to the Page and HTML buttons.
Clicking on the pencil icon will instantly take you to your Terminalfour installation with the appropriate page loaded.