Silktide lets you add multiple uptime monitors which continuously check that your website is online. You can also view reports into your last year of uptime and be alerted when your website is not working.
Setting up an uptime monitor
- Select Settings in the top right-hand corner and choose Uptime in the side-navigation once it has loaded.
- Select Add new monitor in the top right-hand corner
- Specify the fields that are asked on the form (see fields below) and press Save.
- Select which users you wish to alert if this monitor goes offline. You can also select how you wish to alert them (e.g. via text or email).
- Your uptime monitor is now set-up. In future you will be alerted if your website goes offline. It may take up to 5 minutes for your uptime status to appear after you have added it.
These are the options you can set for an uptime monitor:
|Monitor name||Choose a name that explains what this monitor is for. This name will be used in the main uptime screen and also in downtime alerts.|
|URL for page check||The URL we should monitor. This must be a valid URL with the appropriate scheme and must be publicly accessible.|
|Must contain HTML||You can specify any HTML that MUST be present on the page for it to be considered online. If you leave this blank, any HTML returning a valid HTTP status code will be considered online.|
|Must not contain HTML||If any HTML that is specified here is found on the page, Silktide will classify this URL as being offline.|
|Max allowed seconds||Maximum time Silktide will wait for a successful request from the server being classifying this website as being offline.|
Learn more about uptime monitors.